What we’ve been up to
We are off to an exciting start this term and are looking forward to training staff who are new to Protective Behaviours on Level 1 courses. We are delivering three Level 2 courses including two DSPL areas for staff keen to progress their PBs knowledge skills, and practice!
New Level 1 course dates have just been confirmed on 19 & 26 November as the October course is now fully booked.
Please see ‘What’s coming up’ for course dates and booking forms.
Can you help please?
We are looking for a venue for a Level 2 course in the spring term on either of these dates:
· 26 – 28 Feb or
· 4 – 6 March
If you have or know of a venue that can accommodate up to 16 delegates and 2 trainers we’d love to hear from you. We want to keep costs as low as possible and could offer a complimentary place on the course.
Inset and Team training
We also provide inset and team training courses, a fantastic way to build a whole school/organisational approach to PBs practice. If you would like to find out how to commission a training course please email email@example.com
Families Feeling Safe – A Protective Behaviours programme for Mums, Dads & Carers
We are funded by HCC Targeted Parenting fund to deliver our evidence-based Families Feeling Safe Protective Behaviours programme. We have 4 groups starting this term. To make a referral please see contact details below:
For Dads & male carers:
· Rickmansworth – starts Tuesday 24th Sept. 7-9pm please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
· Broxbourne – FULL
For Mums, Dads & Carers:
· St. Albans – starts Wednesday 2nd Oct. 7-9pm please contact email@example.com
· Stevenage – starts Friday 4th October 9.30-11.30am please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, posters, leaflets and registration forms please visit our website https://familiesfeelingsafe.co.uk/courses-and-workshops-for-parents-and-carers/
We are now on Facebook
We hope you’ll use the page and share it with your colleagues and networks. We’d really like it if you would ‘like’ us and/or add a comment or review! Click here to visit our Facebook page
We’re also on Twitter
What’s coming up
Protective Behaviours training courses
- Level 1 – 8 & 15 October – FULL
- 19 & 26 November – places available Please click here for booking form ….and…course details…
- Level 2 – 3 – 5 December – FULL
- Next course TBC – please email to be added to our waiting list email@example.com
Facilitator training courses
- Morris and his friends talk about feelings – For those who have completed Level 2. This is a one day course introducing delegates to this series of 4 sessions working with both parents and their child (age between 4-8yrs)
- 26 March 2020 please click here for booking form..
PBs Network meetings
Open Network meetings:
These are open to anyone trained in PBs. They provide an opportunity for:
– Continuing Professional Development
– sharing ideas
– a refresher
– focusing on a particular theme
There is no cost to attend and dates have been arranged this term:
- 12th September 12-1.30pm in Stevenage
- 13th November in Hemel Hempstead
Families Feeling Safe programme – Facilitators Network
This termly network meeting is for trained facilitators. The next meeting is:
7 November 1.00pm – 3.00pm at Starfish House, 3 North Road, Stevenage, SG1 4AT
Please let us know if you are planning to attend and email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any PBs news, images or examples of how you are using PBs we’d love to hear from you and feature this on our website or newsletter (with your permission).