(Intermediate) Training Course
About the course
The Level 2 (Intermediate) training is a 3 day course delivered over 3 consecutive days. This course provides professional development and progression onto other Protective Behaviours courses. It enables people to feel more competent as practitioners by deepening their understanding of the Protective Behaviours Process.
Who is it for?
Applicants will need to:
- Have completed a Protective Behaviours Level 1 (Foundation) training course and provide the relevant course number and date of completion.
- Be using Protective Behaviours as a practitioner in a structured/focused way.
- Ideally have begun networking with the local Protective Behaviours network in their area
- Ideally be in a position to promote Protective Behaviours work and practice with the support of managers.
It is expected that by the end of the course practitioners will:
- Have a deeper knowledge and understanding of the Protective Behaviours Process, in particular how each part of the Process interlinks to form a framework of concepts and strategies.
- Have a broader range of skills for implementing the Process more effectively, including developing language and behaviour consistent with Protective Behaviours.
- Have increased their confidence and competence in the application of the Process to a variety of situations.
- Have explored and evaluated resources which are consistent with the Protective Behaviours Process.
- Be able to take a leading role and support other people in their use of Protective Behaviours.
- Be able to demonstrate to others the importance and value of the Protective Behaviours Process in their workplace.
- Have developed skills as a reflective learner.
Participants on this course are expected to:
- Prepare for the course by:
- A short pre-course activity in preparation for an open discussion session on the first day of the course
- Reviewing notes and materials from Level 1 (Foundation) Course
- Attend each of the three days.
- Keep a Protective Behaviours Learning Journal throughout the course.
- Keep an on-going evaluation for completion by the end of the course.
Completion of Level 2 (Intermediate) course enables further progression to facilitate other Families Feeling Safe programmes such as:
- Families Feeling Safe – a 9 week evidence based Protective Behaviours programme for mums, dads and carers
- A PBs Feeling Safe ‘toolkit’ for mums, dads and carers – 4 sessions covering key PBs elements as an introduction to PBs for parents and carers or as a refresher for parents and carers who have previously attended the 9 session programme.
- Norris the Bear – a 4 session parent and child programme for children 4-7 years with the parent/carer
- Is this OK – Am I OK? – a teen programme focussing on healthy relationships, reducing risky behaviours with information and skills to manage situations involving drugs and alcohol (current pilots in Herts)
Comments from previous participants
- Very well presented. Timescale of each part was perfect.
- I loved every minute of the course and networking with such helpful people.
- A great course. Very informative and interactive making it easy to stay focused.
- Very knowledgeable, skilled facilitators who were very generous with sharing their expert experience.