What we’ve been up to
Thanks for the great feedback from course participants. We trained 120 new staff members in Protective Behaviours during the spring term.
Were you aware that we also provide inset and team training courses? These are a fantastic way to build a whole school/organisational approach to PBs practice. We are currently commissioned to deliver both Level 1 and Level 2 courses to staff teams including schools and a local authority. If you would like to find out how to commission a training course please email email@example.com
Please see ‘What’s coming up’ for open access course places.
Working with Parents and carers
Families Feeling Safe – A Protective Behaviours programme for Mums, Dads & Carers
Our contract with HCC to deliver our Families Feeling Safe Protective Behaviours programme for mums, dads & carers has been extended and we also received increased funding to enable us to deliver 12 programmes per year:
- 6 for Dads and male carers
- 6 for Mums, Dads & Carers
Last term we ran 3 groups for Dads & Male Carers with 31 Dads completing! The dads gave heart-warming feedback that showed significant outcomes in making a difference for them and their families. Thanks also to our amazing facilitators. To read more click here to see our recent blogs.
All summer groups have started. More groups are being planned for the Autumn term in Broxbourne, St. Albans, Rickmansworth, Watford and Stevenage.
We are now on Facebook
We hope you’ll use the page and share it with your colleagues and networks. We’d really like it if you would ‘like’ us and/or add a comment or review! Click here to visit our Facebook page
We’re also on Twitter
OCN Quality Kite Mark
We are delighted to have been informed by OCN London that we have been awarded their Quality Mark for our learning provision, which includes all the training courses for professionals and programmes for families that we offer. To find out more read our blog…
What’s coming up
Protective Behaviours training courses
- Level 1 – 2 & 9 July in Stevenage click here for application…and here for course details…
- Level 2 – 3 – 5 December in Stevenageclick here for application…and here for course details….
Facilitator training courses
- Morris and his friends talk about feelings –For those who have completed Level 2. This is a one day course introducing delegates to this series of 4 sessions working with both parents and their child (age between 4-8yrs) To register your interest for our autumn course (dates tbc) please firstname.lastname@example.org
- Families Feeling Safe – A Protective Behaviours programme for Mums, Dads & Carers. – For those who have completed Level 2. This 2 day course is for those wanting to run this programme within their service/school. This is a 10 week programme. We are likely to run this in the spring term. Please register your interest and email email@example.com
PBs Network meetings
Open Network meetings:
These are open to anyone trained in PBs. They provide an opportunity for:
– Continuing Professional Development
– sharing ideas
– a refresher
– focusing on a particular theme
There is no cost to attend and dates have been arranged this term:
· 26 June 12.00-1.30pm in Hemel Hempstead
· 8 July 3.45 – 5.15pm in Hatfield
Please let us know if you are planning to attend and email firstname.lastname@example.org
To see more network dates, times and venues please click here…
Families Feeling Safe programme – Facilitators Network
This termly network meeting is for trained facilitators. The next meeting is:
24th October 12.30-2.30pm
Starfish House, 3 North Road, Stevenage, SG1 4AT
If you have any PBs news, images or examples of how you are using PBs we’d love to hear from you and feature this on our website or newsletter (with your permission).